Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Track of the Day


Came across this track while I was getting dressed today and it felt fitting to share with you. Yesterday, myself and some fellow 31 Percenters were discussing MC's and who were the "best dressed". Silly to discuss you say? Maybe so, but real niggas talk about real things. Plus "Belly" was on which probably sparked the discussion. Anyway, we made it more specific by just focusing on top 5 stylish MCs from NYC. It definitely wasn't the easiest list to come up with, but we came up (in no particular order) Nas, Fabolous, Run-DMC, Fat Joe and Raekwon. Each was added to the list for their own personal style and attention to not looking nutty when going out into public. I had no reservations on these MCs, but when I mentioned Ghostface aka "Pretty Tone", aka "Wally Champ", aka "Tony Starks", aka "Starky Love", I was looked at like I had committed a cardinal sin! Why though? How do you leave a man who has a solid gold eagle ornament that's the size of an actual eagle on his wrist off this list? It was all gold! Can we give him some points on that at least? He wears over sized robes with his name embroidered on the back. He's classy to wear a robe at time when many keep it in a towel and paying attention to the importance of detail by putting his name on the robe. I ain't mad it him! Anyway, I could continue on about how "fashion forward" Wu-Tang's "Iron Man" is, but I could be here all day. Either way, he'll rest at a solid #6 on my list of "stylish and best dressed" MCs from NYC. I think he'd find it rather fitting, no pun intended.
Track of the Day- Ghostface- Never Be the Same Again feat. Carl Thomas and Raekwon

No comments: